|Author||Betty Schrampfer Azar and Stacy A. Hagen|
A classic developmental skills text for intermediate to advanced students of English, Understanding and Using English Grammar is a comprehensive reference grammar as well as a stimulating and teachable classroom text.
While keeping the same basic approach and material as in earlier editions, theFourth Edition more fully develops communicative and interactive language-learning activities. Some of the new features are:
- Innovative warm-up exercises that precede the grammar charts and introduce points to be taught
- Structure-based listening exercises ranging from casual speech to academic content
- Academic readings that highlight the targeted grammar structures
- Greatly expanded speaking practice with extensive pair, group and class work
- Corpus-informed syllabus that reflects the discourse patterns of spoken and written English
- Audio CDs and listening script in the back of the Student Book
The program components include the Student Book (Full Edition and Volume A and Volume B), Workbook (Full Edition and Volume A and Volume B), Chartbook, Teacher's Guide, and Test Bank.Click on "Course-Specific Resources" on the left for more details.
For an online workbook, see Understanding and Using English Grammar Interactive.